Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppy visits the Ambiwerra Festival
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Aug 4 16:29:20 2008

Thanks Ken. I suspect that she had some help! But it was a bright sunny and
warm day. Quite a number of people were very mellow by the end. The liquor
licensing for the function is quite formal. The wineries had tastings and
then sales by glass or bottle. Every adult going in needed a wrist band to
prove they were of drinking age (18). Just a little silly when you are 50+ !
The characteristic badges of the day were everyone having their wine glass
on a cord and carrying an open bottle of wine, if they weren't in a seating
area! I must have opened two hundred beers for sales (cans)
We have a very good wine industry here with particular areas known for
particular varieties as you might imagine with different climates. NZ wine
is also popular here, being cooler they make some wonderful sparklings and
whites. In South Australia's Barossa there is quite an enclave of Germans
and those wine styles. Great reds from the Hunter Valley in New South Wales.
Tasmania has some very good crisp whites. Come on over and we'll endeavour
to introduce you to some good drops!

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e