Subject: [Leica] New Book Project - Gaiman/Cassidy/Palmer
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun Aug 3 08:37:35 2008

Hey folks,

I wasn't sure how much of this was top secret, but everybody else is talking
about it so I'll mention that I signed up to do a book with science-fiction
author Neil Gaiman called "Who Killed Amanda Palmer" it's a photo book with
pix by me and text by Neil starring Amanda Palmer.

i was just up in boston for a week working on it. Basically we had 20 little
"sets" and Neil sat in the back scribbling away in a moleskin while I took
photos. It was great fun.

Here's a photo by Beth Hommell that was taken after one of the shoots

http://kylecassidy.com/lj/2008/nfg3.jpg

and I wrote about it a bunch in my blog

http://kylecassidy.livejournal.com/

as did Neil Gaiman

http://journal.neilgaiman.com/

It should be out in October and your kids will think you're cooler for
knowing about it now.

i took the Leica d700 which arrived the day before I left with the 24-120 VR
lens, which I found very useful. I also used the artificial horizon on the
back of the camera. It performs a lot like the d300 did, except it's full
frame, of course and the high ISO's don't show nearly as much grain. I shot
from 400 asa to 6400 and did a lot of handheld at low shutter speeds with
the VR lens and am generally quite pleased with the results. Because it was
new I also brought the d200 along and it ended up just being weight. A lot
of weight.

I had two batteries in the d700 and one was drained completely after 4 days
of shooting. I just took the grip off and kept going, a bit happy for the
lighter weight.

More later when I know more,

Kyle

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] PESO: Genetics)