Subject: [Leica] LR 2 and D700
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Wed Jul 30 06:31:26 2008

On Jul 30, 2008, at 12:53 AM, Frank Dernie wrote:

> Hi Wade,
> does Lightroom, or to be more precise, the DNG convertor, retain the
> data in NEF files which Nikon Capture NX and the internal jpeg
> computation use for correction of CA?

No, I don't believe NX supports DNG.

> Can Lightroom use this data?

We have our own CA correction, but I'm not sure how it compares.

> BTW I never found where in Lightroom one sets the parameters to
> print well to my Canon printer, I am still using Photoshop for
> printing!

Photoshop does have a few extra features for printing (softproofing)
if one can stand the terrible experience doing it.  Personally, and
for many high end printers I know, you can get perfectly acceptable
results from LR if you wrap your head around it instead of PS.

The Luminous Landscape has a attractively priced tutorial on printing
from LR by Richman/Schewe that I hear good things about.

That said, I'm a big believer in "if it works" so if you are happy,
stay that way.

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] LR 2 and D700)