Subject: [Leica] M8 in Iraq
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Mon Jul 7 15:00:54 2008

Carl Socolow writes:

> I just read this review of the M8's performance in Iraq. I thought there >
> might be some interest in it.> >
> http://web.mac.com/kamberm/Leica_M8_Field_Test,_Iraq/Page_1.html

I like the fact that he likes my favourite WA lens the Zeiss 25/2.8. Best M
mount lens deal on the planet!

Looks like the M8's he received from Leica were mostly dogs and rather more
troublesome then the average M8.

Ironic that the best low light 35mm system (M2-M7) has been replaced with a
poor low light camera system. That, and the requirement to keep pageing up
on the website to page forward.

I'm keeping all my non-M8 M's.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada