Subject: [Leica] IMG: hassy to cambo to DMR
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat Jun 28 15:40:49 2008

Today I finished assembling the milled ring to the recessed Cambo
lens board to allow the mounting of Hasselblad lenses to the Cambo
Ultima. Mounted the 40mm Distagon and the R8/DMR to the Ultima.
Walked out to the porch where a fern grows up between the floor
boards and made the first test. Having made just one exposure;
removing the SD card from the DMR felt like removing a tiny,
miniature sheet film holder. I recalled the days when I pulled out
12?20 dark slides and holders (as well as 11?14, 8?10, 5?7, 4?5 and
2.25?3.25 and now this tiny thing). Walking to the computer and
dropping the file into LightRoom compressed a half hour of film
processing and an hour of proofing into about 5 minutes; sharing the
results with the world within 10 minutes.

I love the return to view camera controls. A whole different
experience in photography occurs when every conceivable movement of
camera and lens becomes available in the act of framing and focusing.

The fact that this rig can shoot 4x5, 2 1/4x3 1/4, 35 and digital
today - with full movements - feels limitless in scope.

<http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=280>

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com