Subject: [Leica] Leica/PJ of yesteryear
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri Jun 20 14:42:09 2008

I was at a friend's house this afternoon looking at some interesting prints,
taken by a photojournalist named Leslie C. Woods (I believe he went by
Crozier Woods, or "Woody".)  Several are of Dwight Eisenhower standing up in
a convertible and waving to a crowd.  He has a note with the photo to the
effect that he was shooting with a Leica M3 and a 200mm lens on a gunstock
mount from a balcony..."note the concerned look of the secret service
agents".  I would say it was a combination of concern and disbelief.  He
goes on to say that he was lucky he wasn't "the shootee".  In another one he
has a note identifying Cornell Capa in the group, holding a Leica.  It's
hard to believe things were once that way.

A lot of them are from pre-Castro Havana also, pretty good stuff.

Ken