Subject: [Leica] WAS: : Lenses for Digital NOW: ? LEICA WHERE ARE YOU?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri May 30 12:09:47 2008

Steve Barbour offered:

>> what is sad, but sometimes amazes me Ted, is that Steven Lee, the

saviour,  is gone...

the DMR, much as it can make wonderful images, is gone, a sales

failure (some could never even get it to work)...and rapturously,  we are
already mastercating about the next great

thing...<<<<<<<<<

Hi Steve,

For the life of me I do not understand why people on the list continue to
get "wet depends" over Leica and what it's going to do or not do!

This outfit, no matter how nice Dr. Kaufman is and truthful in what he says,
even if he's a multi billionaire or not owning the company in whatever
fashion.

The bull shit still comes out from Solms by the horse drawn wagon load.
Nobody there tells the truth when anything is offered. Simply because within
no time at all, "it ain't going to happen like that!" is the next line to
the BS!

We as Leica users, not only us, but all about the world, basically have been
BS'd to death with Leica  hyperbole for the past umpteen years since they
got into digital in a half assed fashion!

The disaster of the M8, as wonderful as it is in hand and reproduction was a
major red face release followed with a mickey mouse fix up because Leica
hadn't done their home work properly and released it before "real
photographers" had an opportunity to work them hard on the street.

The DMR as beautiful as it is, was no better, because again it was rushed
into production in a hail storm to get something on the street and try to
catch-up! Whether that's right or wrong isn't the point, Leica blew it no
matter what kind of twist anyone wants to put on it!

Yep they were in financial disaster mode simply because of archaic managers
and CEO's still operating with the mind set of the 30's to 60's! And not
making any advancements in regard to the digital wave that swamped every
one!

OK, so everyone was caught by the blinding storm of the digital wave, but
many caught the wave and ran with it making incredible technical advances
and succeeded.

Hell Leica is still trying to catch-up and not likely ever will at the pace
they're going. While other manufacturers are a millennium head of them and
still advancing at lightening speed daily!

So when I see the list light up as a Christmas tree with anything about
Leica I shrug my shoulders, sigh and think, "Hell here we go again for
another round of BS hyperbole for the next six months only to have some one
else fired and replaced by a new Holy Grail carrier who'll save them once
again.. "MAYBE!"

Just look at how much time I just wasted answering and posting this mail,
when I could've been out side shooting something, anything than writing this
tripe!  That's the idiocy of all this constant blather about Leica. :-(

ted

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] WAS: : Lenses for Digital NOW: ? LEICA WHERE ARE YOU?)