Subject: [Leica] my house
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue May 27 10:32:17 2008

Steve Barbour offered:

>> we can all line up and point our lenses at the tourists...

"the firing squad"<<<<

Steve,

You mean like the sunrise photo shoot in Kennebunkport a number of years ago
when I unknowingly led about 40 photogs attending the Leica Seminar and we
all stopped over looking the re-tired George Bush Snr. Compound between us
and first light of the sun beginning to glow in the eastern sky & the ocean?

Hey nice angle to the up coming sun and water. No one said anything about
George Bush's house! :-)

Well it was mentioned he lived around some place, but not exactly where!!

SURPRISE!!! :-)

Like secret service guys or whomever out of the undergrowth and down the
road from different directions like we were bad guys about to do something
more nefarious than photographing the sunrise.

Like they weren't happy campers. a bunch of mean assed puppies with an offer
to "Move along NOW! Or else.!!

Well who am I to argue or explain the fun thing we were about to have with
all the appearances of a gorgeous sunrise with these guys.

Best time one of my own rules worked perfectly. Dealing with police.

"Never argue, you will lose, period! Besides if you waste time arguing the
sun will come up and you lose twice!" Argument and sunrise!

"OK sure thing we're outta here!" And I smiled and waved the group onward.

The American members of the group suggested, "Ted let's get out of here
quickly these guys don't fool around!" Then we all moved down the road very
quickly!" :-)

So your idea for Simon's home could be a rather traumatic moment for
tourists if we're all set with 400 & 560mm lens pointed in their direction.
:-)

And I don't think we'd need any guys in black suits and dark sun glasses to
make the point! :-)

ted