Subject: [Leica] IMG #087 and Digilux 1 pix
From: rendress at mac.com (Richard Endress)
Date: Sun May 18 10:54:24 2008

Graham and the group,

I forgot to mention that I posted a few pictures from my Digilux 1
taken at Christmas time.  Just snap shots while skiing in Iowa,
terrible flat light,  but I am still impressed with the image quality
I get from this camera. For those who wish to view them use the
hotlink below and go to the "Iowa Skiing" folder.

  The image quality, as always, is a combination of the lens itself,
the imaging chip and the software.  I use an Epson R-D1 with Leica
and Voigtlander lenses but I don't get the same impression of
sharpness.  I can't blame the lenses since I get similar results with
both brands so I suspect the software. ( On the other hand I have a
tendency to flinch when pushing the shutter button so that may be the
root of my problems.)  Does the group run into the same thing while
using an Olympus body or a Panasonic body or a Canon body?

Richard Endress
rendress@mac.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/r_endress/