Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 19 (ric)
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Wed May 14 15:08:40 2008

Things change.

In my previous (SLR) life, I probably shot fewer than 100 SLR photos
with a 35mm lens. That's over 30-year period. Realistically, the only
time I used a 35 was when I pocketed my Olympus XA.

In my rangefinder incarnation, the 35 has become my walk-around lens.
All of this Week 19's shots were with my CV Nokton 35/1.2.

It's a little heavy, but I like the occasional narrow depth of field.
(Time to buy a neutral density filter for it.) Must trot out the
Ultron a little more often to reduce muscle strain;^)

Is shallow depth of field going to become a Photoshop skill with 28
becoming the new 35 on the M8??

Week 19 offerings:

The Silver Star pulls out from Raleigh.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/19/19-coachclass.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/59qhuh

Priming the happy hour pump, the beer delivery man works his magic.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/19/19-beer.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/6keaxm

Couple talk at the bus terminal.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/19/19-couple.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/6ebn7b

Reading and waiting for the bus.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/19/19-reader.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/6syvsa

A patient dog with a distracted owner.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/19/19-walk.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/6f6yue

I have no idea what is happening the this kid's head -- a 30-second
portrait at the Amtrak station.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/19/19-warrior.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/5fxjhg

OBAMART -- an artist takes up a short storefront residence for primary
week.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/19/19-obama.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/5tnmdc

Better parking than it appears.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/19/19-copcar.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/6jye3t

Terrazzo spiral staircase in Raleigh City Hall.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/19/19-stair.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/5jqq4o

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/