Subject: [Leica] Orphan Works
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon May 12 01:54:48 2008

At 01:12 AM 5/12/2008, you wrote:
>Unfortunately, I very much doubt that letters/e-mails/faxes from
>outside the USA will make the slightest bit of difference, and
>therefore I will not bother. Why? Very simple: the people who have to
>make the decision on this law are the members of Congress, and they
>only care about what the people who vote for them think. Since people
>who reside outside the USA do not vote in congressional elections
>(even those who are US citizens), their opinion matters not one bit.
>
>Nathan

http://www.illustratorspartnership.org/01_topics/article.php?searchterm=00267

The International letters do not go to Congress.  They go to:

Ambassador Susan C. Schwab
Office of the United States Trade Representative
600 17th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20508
United States of America
FAX: 001 (202) 395-4549
(Telephone: (202) 395-3000)

Marybeth Peters
Register of Copyrights
U.S. Copyright Office
101 Independence Ave. S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20559-6000
United States of America
FAX: 001 (202) 707-8366
(Telephone: (202) 707-5959)

Jon W. Dudas
Director
United States Patent & Trademark Office
P.O. 1450
Alexandria, VA 22313-1450
United States of America
FAX: 001 (571) 273-8300
(Telephone: (800) 786-9199)

Reuben Jeffrey III
Under Secretary for Economic, Energy and Agricultural Affairs
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
United States of America
FAX: 001 (202) 647-9763
(Telephone: (202) 647-7575)

This bill will affect everybody's work, whether you live in the USA or not.

TIna

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan) ([Leica] Orphan Works)
Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan) ([Leica] Orphan Works)