Subject: [Leica] IMG: Clouds
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun May 11 08:08:28 2008

> I have a hard time finding cloud shot opportunities, but today I looked up
> and
> there it was.  The West to East jetstream is over us today, resulting in an
> unusual formation at high altitude.  Since it is Saturday, the usual
> Atlanta-bound contrails are noticeably absent.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Clouds.tif.html
>
> C&C appreciatd.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

I remember one roadtrip I took from St. Louis to Portland the first I ever
did so see those states from land and for a day or so the clouds were so
great I wondered if there was a genre like nudes and still-life called
Cloudscape if not I thought I'd make it up right there.

Will that was before the days of the internet and I just search engineer
"cloudscape" and an cornucopia of images comes up. All kinds of websites.
Some had to be translated over from whatever they were before.

http://www.fotosearch.com/digital-vision/cloudscapes/DGV116/

For me though I'm half thinking a true cloudscape should be cloud and sky
and not tree tops or telephone poles.
But I just got my first shot of the moon with treetops.
Would that could as a moonscape?

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) (IMG: cloudscape RE: [Leica] IMG: Clouds)