Subject: [Leica] IMG : That time of year again
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri May 9 09:52:23 2008

Jim Nichols asked:

>>>  Is that what the Canadians refer to as Canola?<<<<

Graham responded:

>> Yes. Known as Oilseed Rape here.<<<

Hi Guys,

At onetime in Canada it was also called Rape seed.

However our always over sensitive federal government officials in their
ivory towers of Ottawa thought it inappropriate and offence to the public
calling it "Rape Seed!" ERGO: CANOLA! :-)

Oh we must never offend the public, but protect them from bad words for
their own good! :-) Stupid over sensitive Members of Parliament & civil
servant morons!! :-) Given in the rest of the world it's known as Rape Seed.

However not to leave on a sour note. :-)

One might say to Graham. "Brilliant series mon ami, Good on you. I like the
windmill inter-play! Nice composition balance."

ted