Subject: [Leica] GeeBee Graham NEW book A BEAUTY!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat May 3 07:44:44 2008

Northamptonshire: Rose of the Shires.

BOOK 2 a fine 5 ***** production!

We all know the imaginative eye and visual ability of Graham when we see his
beautiful and haunting images as he wanders the hills & valleys of
Northamptonshire, UK.

Individually they are indeed a pleasure creating a feeling of. "Gee I'd like
to go there and shoot stuff like that!" :-)

Singly at times, they are a master piece of imagination, a magical photo
moment of beauty and country side.

But as a collection in an easy to hold book, they are more inspiring,
creating the wonderful feelings in each of us. "Damn I just have to get out
and shoot!" Not to compete, but to fulfill the enjoyment of what we all love
doing, certainly without pressure.. "Taking pictures for the sheer pleasure
of the moment!"

Followed with the warm visual satisfaction of holding a print in hand. And
that ladies and gentlemen is the true moment of enjoying photography
"holding a beautiful print in hand!"

Not gawking at the same old screen as it has no feelings a print produces!

And those wonderful inner photo feelings are exactly what this concise book
pictorial collection does, creates "Motivation!"

And Lord knows some of us need a dose of that day after day like a spoon
full of Castor oil to get us moving!

"THE BOOK TURNS YOU ON TO GET OUT AND SHOOT INSTEAD OF BANGING ON THESE DAMN
KEYS WITH SO MUCH DRIVEL!"

Daily it appears our LUG, the epitome of photo communication and beautiful
images and people, is evolving more and more into nothing but a babblefest,
in many cases of nothing but back and forth numbers.

Quite frankly the last round of crap is.. "How many M8 etc-Noctiluxes" etc
whatever are out there? Quite frankly "WHO CARES!" Use the damn things don't
matter who carries them!

If the question were . "How many times this week have you honestly gone out
on purpose to photograph the world around you?" Show us!

Certainly would've been far more interesting and rewarding with the
attendant photograph or two.

Yep, probably most have jobs 7-8 hours or more everyday.  NO EXCUSE!

But I bet some of you took time to sit around and watch the idiot TV box,
take long lunches and dinners. Never got up at 5 a.m to catch the sunrise
and learn more about the beauties of early morning light and do that before
you've gone to your daily job! And the list could go on!

Unfortunately, it seems the Great Spirit hasn't awakened me to a good day.
:-( Actually an ugly mood of the world, aging and aching! I realize I'm not
alone as one moves closer to their 8th  decade but it really ticks one off
at times.

So maybe I shouldn't have done my parachute jump at 65 years! :-)

Fire away, maybe I'll awake in a better frame of mind!  :-)

An apology to Graham for the ending tirade, but it's your wonderful day
after day photography, now a book collection, that's so inspirational.

It points up just how stupid all the babblefest truly is in the world of
"TAKING PICTURES! NOT BABBLING ABOUT IT!"

ted