Subject: [Leica] IMG: One Last Goldfinch
From: wildlightphoto at (
Date: Fri May 2 17:51:42 2008

Jim Nichols <> wrote:

> As I continue to experiment with bird photos in my backyard, I am learning
> that the shoulder stock and other conveniences used by Doug Herr and others
> are necessities if one is to get sharp images. This shot, using a 200mm
> plus
> 2X TC was made with more "reach" but, on an overcast day, the shutter speed
> is too slow for a sharp handheld exposure.

I agree, some sort of additional support will help.  Remember that with the
2x TC on the 200mm lens on the 4/3 body the field of view (and hence the
sensitivity to camera motion) is like that of an 800mm lens on a 35mm film

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: One Last Goldfinch)