Subject: [Leica] More on Gas Prices....
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark)
Date: Thu May 1 07:45:27 2008

Nice article from money.com explaining how gas prices hit Americans harder
than Europe and other parts of the world.

Their conclusion ? ?Five thousand square feet in the suburbs, that?s much
rarer in Europe ? we dug our hole.?

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/international/usgas_price/index.htm?pos
tversion=2008050110

I remember traveling to England for the first time in the summer of 1979
right after my high school graduation. Prior to that trip, I had little to
no knowledge about currency, foreign exchange, or oil process.  I did know
that we were paying .50 to .70 cents a gallon in the US about that time.
When I learned that the British pound was worth $2 and that an imperial
gallon of petrol was about ?1,10, my eyes popped at the cost of fuel there.
Since then, it?s always been interesting to see how different countries
around the world taxed gasoline.  No doubt
.we have learned to depend on it
in the US while people in other countries have worked hard to NOT depend on
it.

Personally, I?ve always driven fuel efficient Volkswagens, Toyotas, and
diesel Mercedes Benz automobiles so economy has been more important to me
than many of my neighbors, friends, and family members who drive the big
behemoths.

Robert W. Clark

National Curriculum Director

CASE Project - Animal Science

National Council for Agricultural Education

Office - 717-459-3185

Cell - 717-648-2744