Subject: [Leica] OT: Using Parallels on Mac?
From: scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Wed Apr 30 12:49:25 2008

I've been using Parallels for a year and half. Used VirtualPC before
switching to Parallels when I went from a PowerBook to a MacBook. Good
for things like MS Office but really not that great for CPU and memory
intensive applications like Photoshop for 2 reasons: high memory usage
and Parallels can only use 1 CPU core. I use it mainly for running
QuickBook.

VMWare might be a better solution if you need to run CPU intensive
applications since it can use both CPUs and I think it might be a bit
more memory efficient.

You can download and try both package from their respective websites.

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: OT: Using Parallels on Mac?)