Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 15 (ric)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Apr 15 11:44:46 2008

> At 11:11 AM 4/15/2008, you wrote:
>> Even the 21 wouldn't cover the side of this caboose given the tight
>> quarters, so I shot 5 frames on the CV Nokton 35/1.2 and combined them
>> in Photoshop. I was shocked by how well Photoshop did the stitching
>> with photomerge. I'll be doing more of this.
>> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/15/15-caboose.jpg.html>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6cs4sz
>
> Amazing, isn't it?  Did you use a tripod or are these
> hand-held?  Looks great!  That lens is next on my "want" list.
>
> Tina

Looks great!
I was stitching last night too and have come to think its the thing of the
future for me. Make that present.

In large format they have cameras with sliding backs and stitching is part
of the modus operandi. But in CS3 they correct the perspective you don't
really need that. Nor a tripod.

I have discovered that its not great with an ultra wide lens. As of last
night. The perceptive changes too much when you point at something else.

But I have shot a shot; walked down the street and shot another one of the
buildings down there and it worked out.

I've been doing them not just sidewise but vertically up a building.
Or tree.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 15 (ric))