Subject: [Leica] Nikon Coolscan Scanners.... Models 4000 and 5000
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Apr 15 11:22:34 2008

> Mehrdad... all you do is to open up the back door ( remove the plug from
> the
> back of the unit) and it will function for a full 6' long roll?
> Do you get scratches from the metal rear panel or from whatever is inside
> the 4000/5000?
>
> That little trick would save me a lot.... will it work with the model 5
> instead of  the 5000?  ( big price difference for the 5000, but it will not
> accept the full roll adapter)
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net

I moved up from the 4000 to the 5000 because there was an increase of
resolution. Enough so you could almost replicate the grain pattern you got
with your film. Not so with the 4000. Nice images. But the grain pattern in
your film even if you did Rodinal 1:100 in tri X  was not going to be there.
I think the 5000 was widely appreatate over the 4000.
Only big babies use the 4000.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com