Subject: [Leica] Re: KE-7 stop the madness and get Ko some help
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Apr 7 14:17:24 2008

> That statement applies just about any camera right? Or just Leicas?
>
> Chris

As I'm looking at it when someone like Doug Herr says "no rational thought"
enters the choice of a Leica gear purchase I take that in the context of
this is a guy who has a large body of work. Output. And recognized even. And
any and all choices of gear he's made has made for that stack of prints,
negs and hard disks filled with captures. That body of work
The rational is right there in concrete form.
So "no rational thought" is a figure of speech which is not exact. I forgot
the term for it.

You get a guy who is just buying and selling on eBay (not necessarily Vick
as I have no way of knowing) and when they say they're  buying something
with no "rational thought" maybe they've got a point maybe not but it goes
right in this guys ear and out the other. There's no photography going on.
It doesn't interest me.

Me I don't have kids in college.
And Photography is my main thing.
Its also my other thing.
If I need to get 3 grand together to get a lens I don't need to figure out
the rationale.
I think a lot of us are in that category. If we just have a stack of prints
somewhere or uploaded so when somebody says "I understand you have an
interest in photography" we whip those out not our latest eBay "win" which
we're only going on own for months before we put it on the block again.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com