Subject: [Leica] CV 15mm lens on M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Mar 28 13:03:47 2008

> The importance of frameline accuracy is a personal thing. OTOH the reason
> why
> SLR manufacturers go on ad nauseam about their viewfinder coverage is that
> is
> difficult and expensive to produce a 100% SLR viewfinder so most did not.
> Those that did therefore made a big thing of it.
> There is no doubt that if framing accuracy is a very important thing you
> look
> for in a camera an SLR is necessary. A Leica type viewfinder has to have
> framing error varying with focusing distance and, particularly with the
> more
> extreme wide angle lenses, some interesting/annoying parallax effects.
> Frank

I thought for a second we were talking about Frameline Security here.
My first SLR was a Nikon F2 they year they came out and I'd use the edges to
line things up and they'd be just like that when I'd print them full frame
black border when I figured that all out.
But I got over it when I started using mainly FM's and FE'2's.
I stated believing in "chance".
And started looking at the middle of my pix when was framing.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com