Subject: [Leica] Close Focus on the M8
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Mar 27 18:18:45 2008

Or on any M camera for that fact.

It appears that when Leica released the 90mm Macro-Elmar they didn't
do a very good job of explaining how the lens performs to their reps
and sales people.

I just uploaded four photos which show the field of view on an M8
when the 50mm DR Summicron with the close focus adapter installed
versus the 90mm Macro-Elmar without any adapters. As a reference I
also show the field taken with the APO 90mm Summicron Asph. And
lastly I show the field with the 90mm Macro and the close-up adapter.

For those who don't know the 90mm Macro-Elmar. It is a normal 90mm
lens that focuses from infinity to .77 meters at it's closest point.
It also can use an accessory close-up adapter. Without an adapter it
has nearly the same close-up performance as the DR Summicron has with
the adapter.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/CloseFocus/>

or

http://tinyurl.com/3ypcly