Subject: [Leica] Re:Another ZM lens on the horizon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Mar 25 13:03:11 2008

> OK.. so :more than double" maybe is the same as 24x36......
>
> No data there.....
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net
>

> APS-C is not 1/2 the size of a 'full frame' sensor; it's smaller by a
> factor of somewhere between 2.2 or 2.5. Area counts.

I'm not a math guy I don't think in logarithms or multiples
I think linier.

The APS-C is
15.8 X 23.6mm

Full frame would be
24 x 36mm

the short side of full frame is the same size or bigger than the long side
of APS-C

Or I think this pasted from my Apple Calc:

36 / 23.6 = 1.525

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Re:Another ZM lens on the horizon)