Subject: [Leica] re: lens kit for Europe
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Tue Mar 25 06:13:48 2008

My advice is go light. Take one lens for one camera. Wide is best on
the M. I'd take a 28 or wider. You might recall Robert Capa's statement
that if a picture isn't good, you weren't close enough.

Maybe something longer on the other camera, if you don't feel like
walking closer to your subjects.

When I go, I take the first tri-elmar (one lens with three focal
lengths) and a panoramic. I shoot film and digital. I buy film there
and bring it back. How do you plan to store the many images you will
capture in three months?

Remember, what you bring with, you have to carry. Weight never gets
lighter. Do you want to leave valuable photogear in a hotel room? I
wouldn't.

Doug