Subject: [Leica] Bali Panos
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Mon Mar 24 17:13:17 2008

Hello Frank,
Thank you for the comment. I think most Leica users tend to shoot
near wide open and that enhances out of focus backgrounds. For the
rice farmer CU I used the 90mm Elmarit at f4.0 or so. The wide shot
was taken with the 24 Elmarit - likely set at f8.0 or smaller as I
use smaller apertures to enhance depth of field when I am taking
panos. One of the little discussed disadvantages of RF cameras is
that there cannot be any depth of field preview since you don't view
the image through the lens. Your comment in raising the DOF point is
a very good one.
Cheers
Howard.