Subject: [Leica] Equipment Does Matter
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Mar 22 15:41:40 2008

> Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!! Reichmann vs Rockwell!!
> Cheers
> Jayanand
>
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Robert D. Baron <robertbaron1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/cameras-matter.shtml
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2l3xuv

Reichmann's camera of choice is a Leica M8 the other super geeks just look
on with bewilderment at him with his camera with not one micromoter in it.
He acts though like there's an ongoing neck in neck race between Canon and
HP and Epson so he can test out all their printers while in fact its an
Epson Ballgame. Ball field Their grass on their lawnmower.
That said he does blow up quite a few of his images quite large on these
printers. Giving him a reason to really see what his Leica glass and camera
might be doing for him. And therefore a reason to appreatate them. Or any
other link in his photo workflo chain. Though I somehow doubt he has a stack
of viable prints; a portfolio. ; of any size.

Rockwell uses a D300 and does not seem to print much if at all to paper.
Only very small to his website. Printing to monitor as it were.
His images look pretty good from what we can see of them but they could have
been taken with a credit card point and shoot for all we'd know. Just a few
hundred pixies across.

Claims non AF glass to be "OBSOLETE".

But as his output is the lowest common denominator THAT and just about
anything he'd say goes in one ear and out the other.

My sympathies lean slightly to the Reichmann.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Equipment Does Matter)