Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 11 (ric)
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue Mar 18 08:49:35 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 7:52 PM, Ric Carter wrote:

> Waiting boat
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/11/11-
> boat_amp_oak.jpg.html>
> http://tinyurl.com/2y4gny

A grand tree. Many of this group feel like simple documents and
without your usual "spin" (I'm using the term to suggest that your
generally seem to bring a subjective slant to the image).

> Fisherman's dog coming home
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/11/11-dogboat.jpg.html>
> http://tinyurl.com/yswtvm
>
> A quiet landing
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/11/11-creek.jpg.html>
> http://tinyurl.com/yww6ua

You nailed it in the title. Quiet to the max. My fav of the group.

> Gallant Fox and Lady Anna
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/11/11-gallantana.jpg.html>
> http://tinyurl.com/yreruc

Something flirtations seems about to happen between the Fox and the
Lady here. The birds add to the playfulness felt in this image.

> Big Time/Small Time
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/11/11-sharong.jpg.html>
> http://tinyurl.com/yve4tx
>
> Mixer
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/11/11-elevator.jpg.html>
> http://tinyurl.com/2cxp53

Cool sculptural thing - love the contrast of rust and sky hues. Feels
like something more could have been done here (no idea what).

> Noo-Noo's Barbershop
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/11/11-noonoo.jpg.html>
> http://tinyurl.com/29c7hx

Love your walls and this is no exception. Not sure about the figure
and the car with all the doors open. Makes me feel unsure of what the
subject is.

> Water Tank
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/11/11-cylinder.jpg.html>
> http://tinyurl.com/2hpdsq

Wonderful shadow defining the cylinder and texture. I like the
mystery created when I crop out the sky and grass and simply study
the shadow and texture.

Fond regards,
George
george@imagist.com