Subject: [Leica] Internet assault question
From: eperea at walkereng.com (Emilio Perea)
Date: Tue Mar 18 07:02:19 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 02:30:20PM -0400, Javier Perez wrote:
> Yesterday my website started getting bombarded with
> requests for "Leica-m6.jpg" (That makes it an on topic discussion)
> I did a whois search and all the requests are
> coming from IP addresses owned by RIPE in Amsterdan.
> So I renamed the file to leicam6.jpg and I'm hoping it will make them go
> away.
> But the question remains. Is this an attack or is it just some bozo who
> pointed
> 1 million people to my site for some reason?

It's clearly some bozo, but whether the attack is intentional or whose
intention it is, is hard to tell.

> Is there currently a utility that will allow me to find out who did this?
>
> Here's the log notice that the last entries are 404

I'm not familiar with this log format, but it appears that the last six
requests are all from different ISPs in Germany.  So my guess is that
there was a link posted in some popular German website and this is not
an attack as such.

Replies: Reply from summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez) ([Leica] Internet assault question)
Message from summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez) ([Leica] Internet assault question)