Subject: [Leica] Equipment Does Matter
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Mar 14 21:49:44 2008

> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/cameras-matter.shtml
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2l3xuv
>
> Just his opinion, of course...
>
> ;-)

Such infuriating theoretical internet discussions with no "bottom" nor real
common sense comes from the internet photo experts who never concern
themselves with output. Not a small percentage of them. They have uploaded
images a couple hundred pixels across and that's it in their galleries or
websites.
The parts which are not picture of Lenes but pictures of trees and sunsets.
Never any discussion about prints. Or output which would put a piece of gear
to a real test.
What you see of what they do could have been done on the smallest sensors on
the cheapest equipment with zero technique.
So it doesn't really matter what lens or body they use.
Their requirements are almost non existent.
Or I should say exist at the lowest common denominator.

What throws me is when they occasionally write something and  I find myself
letting it affect me. That throws me off balance now and again.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com