Subject: [Leica] OT: different Apple desktops
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Wed Mar 12 12:54:27 2008

I have been going through a similar selection process, and came down
on the Mac Pro side. A single quad processor configuration is priced
in the same ballpark as the 2.8 GHz 24" iMac, has double the processor
power and has much greater expandability. I already have two monitors
so I wont need to buy another one and I don't like the idea of a
bundled monitor with the Imac.
I am holding back on the purchase because all the Mac rumor sites
(such as http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ ) feel that a new iMac is
coming within the next few weeks and I think that is plausible. I want
to see what it looks like before a final decision.
My current Mac is an Intel Macbook (not Pro). I bought it a year ago
as a trial to replace a 2.8GHz Windows XP and it turned out so much
faster than my old system that I have not yet gotten a desktop.

--
Clive
http://clive.moss.net/blog/

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT: different Apple desktops)