Subject: [Leica] Not Buying M8/ I'm with Frank Filippone
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (amr3@uwm.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 10 11:51:37 2008

Quoting  "Don Dory" <don.dory@gmail.com>

> For John and all the other hold outs,While I respect personal decisions
> especially when based on financials, not getting a digital camera makes
> little sense.
> ...snip...

If I get a digital camera, what I have is ONE digital camera.

> Now, the real heart of a camera, imaging capabilities.  Here, digital wins
> on all counts.  You have available a much wider choice of ISO's that are
> truly useable. ... snip...  Feeling  experimental?  ...snip...

I like to have a choice of cameras too, to be refreshed and experiment.

> With digital you will get immediate feed back to further your creative
> side.

I like to slow down and enjoy my photography.  It's all ASAP!! at work.
It's great to work to my own schedule off duty, and enjoy the whole process
from loading film to sleeveing negatives.  I need to have that negative or
slide
to hold in my hand or it's just not satisfying.

Alan

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
amr3@uwm.edu

Replies: Reply from rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark) ([Leica] Not Buying M8/ I'm with Frank Filippone)