Subject: [Leica] LUG convention?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Mar 3 19:36:03 2008

Off in some thread entirely unrelated to the topic, several people started
discussing the idea of a LUG convention.

The LUG will be 16 years old in a month (it was founded on 7 April 1992) and
I think the largest gathering of us that has ever happened is maybe a dozen
of us claiming a section of the bar at an LHSA meeting.

There are as of this moment 1038 members of the LUG. I recognize a dozen
names from the 1992 roster of people who were subscribed then and are still
here. Another 3000 have passed through, quitting as their patience waned or
their interests changed.

I think that if there was a LUG convention and 40 people attended, it would
be a roaring success. If 80 people attended we'd definitely have to make it
a regular event (perhaps every second year).

Thoughts?

Brian Reid
LUG Saloon keeper

Replies: Reply from alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] LUG convention?)