Subject: [Leica] IMG: Casual Portrait...now RAW
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Mar 3 09:19:10 2008

Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net> wrote:

>On Mar 3, 2008, at 9:41 AM, leo wesson wrote:
>
>> Steve,
>>
>> In my experience, a digital neg has more latitude than a conventional
>> negative.  Plus 1, minus 1 stop, all well within the raw latitude.
>
> thanks Leo... so if I understand, the RAW IS affected by the light
> settings, it's just that there is sufficient latitude so that
> corrections can be successfully applied later...

Yes.  I typically use -1 stop exposure compensation to avoid losing detail
in highlights, otherwise some white feather details would be lost, and
where nessesary I can pull details out of the shadows much more readily
than I can recover highlights beyond the right end of the histogram ;-)

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application