Subject: [Leica] IMG: Casual Portrait with Summilux 50 asph
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Mar 2 12:28:37 2008

Hoppy,

>> Now to get better at the exposure control without throwing away too much
at the highlight end.<<<

Don't think about it! Set the M8 on auto everything, focus and shoot!

Never mind all that fiddling stuff!

It's no different than shooting with the M7, look, focus, shoot! Screw all
the fiddling and thinking stuff and trust the camera.

Trust me, despite all the counter intelligence against this method by
skilled others it works and did for me shooting 500 rolls of tri-x while
producing the pictures for the "Women in Medicine" book. The 3 cameras were
set on AE and I went click! And never lost a frame due to exposure. Lost
them due to the ineptitude of the guy holding the camera. ;-)

ted