Subject: [Leica] Desert SouthWest to have banner wild-flower season
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Mar 1 12:22:11 2008

The Wall Street Journal, that epitome of photographic insight, had an
article in today's Weekend Journal about the effects of the
late-season rains on the southwest. In particular the Antelope Valley
California Poppy Reserve may have the best since 1991 which was
reputed to be the best bloom in living memory. I remember going to a
Santa Rosa Plateau presentation (it's outside Temecula, CA) where that
year was discussed with almost teary-eyed wistfulless.

I don't think they've closed this park (yet) because of the budget cuts.

<http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=627>

Two other useful links if you're interested

<http://desertusa.com/wildflo/wildupdates.html>

<http://www.nps.gov/deva>

2005 was also a fabulous year for Joshua Tree, we toured through the
park one day and were almost overwhelmed just by the sweet fragrances
drifting over the desert.

If you have some Euros to blow....Spring in the SouthWest looks to be great!

Adam