Subject: [Leica] BRAVO to Ted!
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Feb 29 11:21:18 2008

So a few weeks ago Ted surprised me with a DVD of the Bravo Ted Grant
documentary. And how was it? It was so astoundingly good that the week after
I showed my MIT Documentary Photo class the film ?War Photographer,? about
the work of James Nachtwey, I told them we were going from the ridiculous to
the sublime, and I showed them the Ted Grant Documentary.

I prefaced the showing by telling them that I knew that as exciting as ?War
Photographer? may have been for them, it bore little relation to the real
day-to-day world of photo journalism. On the other hand, Ted?s Bravo
documentary is a lovingly produced, nuanced portrait of the life of the
father of modern Canadian photo journalism, a guy who?s shot everything from
stock car races, to politics, to eye candy, to war, to sports, to surgery,
and back to the every day. And he makes it all seem so simple.

You think you know Ted, but take my word for it ? you don?t know Ted until
you see this documentary. And also take my word for the fact you want to
know Ted.

So order today!

B. D.
(Not getting LUG mail at the present time)

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] BRAVO to Ted!)