Subject: [Leica] Re:IMG Mixed Bag
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (amr3@uwm.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 23 21:28:24 2008

Thanks, Michiel, Philip, George, Luis, Geoff, and Douglas for your comments.

I haven't had time to scan the traction engines, but will do sometime.

I'm glad someone else mentioned Prague when viewing my steeples shot; that's
the feeling I got when I first noticed the scene.  It took me three years to
get
that shot.
I took the picture from a freeway bridge that was only open to pedestrians
once
a year
during a festival.  The first two years the weather wasn't right, but on the
third try - BINGO!

With the storm clouds, this light only lasted about 30 seconds before the sun
came out below the clouds and flared right in the lens, but I managed three
frames. (This was also taken through the screen on the window)

I shot the WinterCurtain a year ago and didn't see it until I sent in my
Kodachrome last
month, but for me it was worth the wait.  It gives me a restful feeling.  I
think I was influenced
by the Saul Leiter exhibit at the museum that I had just finished viewing.
They
were selling a monograph on him that I bought and highly recommend.  He is
one
of my favorite photographers
now.

Alan