Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tasmania, historical site photos
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Feb 15 15:36:05 2008

Hi Luis, thanks for looking. Actually I think that apparent grain is from
scanning, sharpening and resizing print size files for the
web. I have been experimenting with some new sharpening, but what works well
for colour is proving bad for these BWs. I keep
relearning that lesson. I'll repost some and you can compare. The developer
is dilute XTOL, underdeveloping too for easier scanning.
But it's true my negs are denser than the samples you sent me. Scanned they
give a full tonal range, although they usually need
darkening consistently too. Yours look quite thin to my eye.

Cheers
Geoff