Subject: [Leica] 15 Zeiss
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Feb 8 21:15:36 2008

> Leo.. what is the distance you want in focus?  Close plus far....
> I will assume F2,8 and tell you the hyperfocal point.....
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net
>

> i have the 16 cv and i tend to use it mostly at the closest focusing point,
> so with a 2.8, being able to actually check the focus in the rangefinder
> would be helpful.
>
> leo

The most famous wide angle camera is the Hasselblad superwide.
No rangefinder you don't need one you could be way off and still nail your
focus with the 38mm Biogon.
Which is like a  21 on a 35.

You can easily do it with a 24 or longer
A 15 is like hitting the broad side of a barn from one foot away.
A rangefinder would be a complete waste of machinery and weight.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] 15 Zeiss)