Subject: [Leica] 15 zeiss
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Feb 8 16:37:48 2008

Leo Wesson asked:

>>Subject: [Leica] 15 zeiss

Why isn't the 15 rangefinder coupled?  Anyone know?  Technical limitation?

quote from luminous landscape

But - Why Not Rangefinder Coupled?<<<<

Leo,

Maybe it's considered with a 15mm lens the depth of field is so great one
hardly requires focusing? And it can be flown by guess and by God because
the focus point will be covered due to the great depth.

Although I'm sure there'll be some very technical answer to the question.

However, I've used a 15 on both M6 & 7 and M8 without any thought of
focusing. Simply because it wasn't possible. I looked at depth of field
scale on lens and, "OK everything's covered hurry up and shoot the damn
picture before it's gone!" That's it, click!

ted

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] 15 zeiss)