Subject: [Leica] Free: unopened packets of Xtol
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Wed Feb 6 18:44:34 2008

> as someone who is enthusiastic about Xtol and was enthusiastic about it to
> Brian, I find myself feeling somewhat bad about that.

Marty, there were lots of people on the LUG who were enthusiastic about
Xtol. I'm fairly certain that I could have made it work if I had been
willing to give it a lot more hours of learning. The thing that convinced me
to walk away from my darkroom was a stack of black-and-white inkjet prints
that Mark Rabiner showed me at the San Francisco LHSA meeting a couple of
years ago. I'll never be as good a photographer as Mark, but what he showed
me made me realize that the very best inkjet prints were
now on an aesthetic par with the very best silver halide prints, and that I
didn't *need* to conquer Xtol.

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Does the process matter?)