Subject: [Leica] D Vario on E3 - magnification in live view
From: cummer at (Howard Cummer)
Date: Mon Feb 4 16:45:56 2008

Dear Tom,
Another myth busted - I turned them both on and the camera just lay
there - silent and inert. One thing I have discovered. The live view
magnification doesn't come up until you have pushed the info button
enough times to clear all the info on the screen and a little green
box makes its appearance. Then push the okay button for live view.
Thanks to Dr. Joseph Yao for help in discovering this information -
which is essential for accurate focusing of R lenses - via adaptor -
on the E3.
Howard (STILL freezing in HK)

> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 08:18:32 -0800
> From: Tom Schofield <>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] D Vario on E3 - was HK Winter shot
> To: Leica Users Group <>
> Rumor has it that if you leave both IS turned on, you can let go of
> the camera and it remains floating in mid air.  Some report that it
> tracks moving subjects, and can automatically take swishy pans!  ;-)
> I think it sounds like a new episode of Myth Busters.
> Tom

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at (Richard Man) ([Leica] D Vario on E3 - magnification in live view)