Subject: [Leica] Reductionism isn't legit OT
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 1 16:19:01 2008

<Afterswift@aol.com> wrote:

> It may not be wrong consider digital as not the real thing.  Digital is a
> state of electromagnetic charge. Silver is an element. Silver,  even in a
> latent image, is still an element, which is tangible and real.  Digital
> has to be converted to analog and then into elements using some  device.

Unless I'm mistaken, in the latent image the distinction between an exposed
silver halide an an unexposed molecule consists of the energy state of
electrons.  It has to be converted by chemical developers to be visible.
The difference with digital photography is that the photo receptors are
re-usable.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Reductionism isn't legit OT)