Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Leica M8 Customer Information -- January 30th, 2008
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Feb 1 12:06:54 2008

A couple of items jumped out at me.

> With the introduction of a perpetual upgrade program, every LEICA
> M8 will forever be a state-of-the-art digital camera.<<

A bold claim. I forever hope they can pull it off.

>>  * If so desired, the camera will be picked up at your home and sent
directly back to you, without any intermediary stage in the process.<<

At least it sounds like a speedy process (with emphasis on the word
sounds).

> * This offer applies exclusively to all registered M8 users.<<

There goes all the fun of finding a gray market deal.

> * Purchasing the upgrade certificates will be possible as of March
> 2008 - the actual upgrading will commence as of August 2008.

Pay now, receive months later. Interesting business model. Is someone in
marketing named P.T. Barnum?