Subject: [Leica] replacement for M8 shutter? - R10??
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri Feb 1 10:45:23 2008

> From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc.hegr@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] replacement for M8 shutter?
> To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@leica-users.org>
>
> On this page is an explanation, also some Mp3 files of the shutter
> sounds
>
> http://en.leica-camera.com/photography/m_system/m8/?mid=321
>
> *http://tinyurl.com/ypfv5u

Taken from the Leica web page:

"Concentration on the exposure. Not on the controls.
A lot of care, many years of experience and extensive knowledge about how
photographers work have gone into the operational concept of the M8.
Concentrating on the essentials, operation is therefore simple and
intuitive. The LEICA M8 deliberately dispenses with multifunction keys and
nested menus."

Hope that logic carries over to the R10.  The thing I liked about the DMR
was that the controls for actually taking the picture were pure R8/9.
Simple.  Shutter speed dial, f-stop ring.  No extra buttons to fumble with
either intentionally or unintentionally.  I am always hitting this button or
that button on my Rebel.  Before you know it I am at a different ISO, or the
self timer is working, or countless other things.  Funny how that never
happens on my R8 or R4.

Aram

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:59 AM