Subject: [Leica] replacement for M8 shutter?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Jan 31 19:35:44 2008
References: <5f1be6b50801311319t7ed9280fs404c1738c5b604a6@mail.gmail.com><20080131212316.B4B932FC30@donald-1.hostspirit.ch><a3f189160801311327r63faac9fx2882cd59c1b5ca96@mail.gmail.com><20080131213707.AE9EB2FC30@donald-1.hostspirit.ch><005a01c8645c$8dac5770$a9050650$@net><158bdbe46c4e2648909540ed4bb7cab2@teleport.com><000601c8646d$60df7810$6401a8c0@asus930> <a3f189160801311702w49e0d0e2mdc1c60a4d98fbe34@mail.gmail.com>

Hey I resemble that remark ;-)
Maybe it was because I had been reading the users' forum first. Those guys
are far more inflammatory than LUG posters! I just wanted
to say that I support what Leica has done and I am always surprised to see
lack of enthusiasm amongst Leica enthusiast groups. Maybe
I'm just a fanboy. To me, the best of Leica glass is the best in the world
for the photography that I like to do. The bodies to put
that glass on keep evolving. Absolutely there is a digital M in my future.
Then, as I typed, the possibility of different VF
magnification versions for the M8/9 came to me. I don't mean as an upgrade,
I'm sure that would be prohibitive to implement. A
higher mag. to improve use of the 50 and above? LFI as an organ for
semi-official comment has acknowledged that adding the 1.25
eyepiece improves the M8 operation considerably. How about a lower mag.
version to allow for more wides and preclude the need for
expensive and bulky external finders? Obviously this is not original
thinking with the various CV (film) camera models on the
market. Bring on Photokina, I say.
Cheers
Geoff