Subject: [Leica] Leica Announcement (?) - No M9 this year; M8 Upgrade
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Jan 30 15:01:56 2008

Not sure who wrote this but here's my response.

> JOOC, how often do people use 1/4000? I can't remember the last time I
went above 1/500. More often it's 1/4 sec or even 4 sec (with tripod of

> course).<<<

I find this interesting  and wondered why the photographer who posted didn't
use higher shutter speeds? But when shooting with a Leica I've pretty well
always tried to use the "Highest possible shutter speed and widest aperture
for the best exposure possible."

Why if a camera is equipped as Leica's are, Ok older models, a 1/1000 of a
second, why wouldn't one use the highest shutter speed to assist in cutting
down the possibilities of camera shake?

Unless of course the subject you're shooting requires a "blur effect" for
the content.

Similarly with widest aperture? Why not use the widest opening possible to
assist in getting rid of or softening unwanted debris in the background.
That is unless one requires a great depth of field,. IE: everything sharp
from here to the moon.

Any answers out there folks?

ted

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Leica Announcement (?) - No M9 this year; M8 Upgrade)