Subject: [Leica] when leica (almost) hired me
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Jan 24 14:11:46 2008

Actually, the story is a little sadder, like i dropped the ball. After
one of my fun-filled presentations where I proved the leica Tough as
Nails -- a Leica rep said "Ooh, hey, we'd be really interested in
working with you! your style is fresh and brash!" (they didn't actually
say fresh and brash) "Here's my card! Call me!"

and then I called ... like two months later, and he was gone -- back to
Solms, or off to Hasselblad, who knows -- and his replacement was on the
way in and I should call back in two weeks and talk to the new guy ...
so four weeks later I left a voicemail for the new guy saying "Hey! The
iron was hot a couple months ago and like the dude said I should call
you and like .... strike now ... or something."

That was the end of it.

I slacked my way out of THAT one!

kc

BD sed:
> Does anyone remember the time that for a
> nano second Leica thought about the idea of using Kyle to promote
Leica to a