Subject: [Leica] IMG- Istambul
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin@afirkin.com)
Date: Sun Jan 20 15:55:20 2008

Bernardo,
It helps to have a wife to take the record shots ;-)

Seriously, I think digital has been a great help and hindrance here. You can
take all the images you like, quickly (LR) sort them into trash, record of
trip shot, and better than snap. Then trash the trash, work on the better
images till you have a nice series to print/hang on the wall/give to
friends/ and make a nice gallery of images for the internet. Now you can put
them all back in order, add some text/captions, and create a disc to
remember the "whole" trip. I now use the digital camera to capture sign
posts to remember where I was, and tourist plaques with all those
interesting details you would otherwise forget. I try to take these images
in jpeg, or convert them later to save disc space, working with everything
else in RAW.

The down side is that you spend lots of time at the end of day
sorting/editing images rather than drinking at the pub

Cheers