Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tracks
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jan 17 13:32:05 2008

>> Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tracks

Well, it's not often that I get comments from 3 of the LUG

heavyweights, so perhaps the picture is not worth saving, but what the
heck.<<<

Richard mon ami,

This is called "night & day difference!"

The first posting was midnight with lost detail and almost the question,
"why did you post this let alone take it?"

The high noon is;

"Now you have something visually interesting with colour and content."
Certainly with the title change to "Tracks" if it's necessary to describe as
they're so obvious isn't that why you shot it?"

I suppose one might ask; if it were not for the footprints in the snow, why
did you take the picture? Surely it wasn't the Mother-daughter? Unless you
knew they IE: "Mother & Daughter." and that was why you took the photo.
However it had to be the footprints in the snow as that's the "motivation"
to shoot!" Because there isn't any motivation in the two women from this
angle!

Quite frankly I do not put titles on any pictures? WHY? It can create
confusion if you put the wrong thing even though it might be OK in your
mind, but completely the opposite in a viewers!

Besides we are photographers not wordsmiths! Unless a subject absolutely
requires identification, usually a news paper caption, leave words off and
let your viewers enjoy your "visual photo moment!" Aren't we visual folks
and that's why we're photographers? Forget the words and that basically goes
for everybody on the LUG! Unless it's "ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!"

ted

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] IMG: Tracks)